Bellystares are a species of non-sapient faunal herbivore. Due to some strange yet natural evolution, their faces are now angled backwards in a similar fashion to the Moongazers. Their staring at their stomach and navel has aided to the adaptation of them to spread their eggs along their chest and neck, where they can watch over them. They are extremely powerful chargers, but must be careful not to accidentally run into something.
- Locomotive Capabilities: Bellystares walk around on two digitigrade legs. They are entirely incapable of swimming, and can easily drown.
- Environmental Preferences: Spend the entirety of their lives on dry land, in the savannahs. Many are known to drown during the years in which floods occur.
- Dietary Habits: They graze on various flora as they carefully walk about in the savannahs they inhabit.
- Average Size: Unspecified
- Average Lifespan: 14-23 Earth years
- Personality: Peaceful herbivores
- Species Type: Cold-blooded Organism
- Lifestyle: Social Herbivore
- Hunt/Forage Success Rate: 100% Forage (98% success rate)
- Armor: The backs of a Bellystare is covered in eight crystalline spines which protect it from attack.
- Defenses: When attacked, a pack of Bellystares will usually create a defensive circle with their youth on the inside. Their backs are turned outwards and they keep an eye on the potential predator thanks to their backwards-facing head.
- Weapons: The teeth of the Bellystare are built to crop floral leaves and stems for feeding, and can cause painful bites.
- Tools: Bellystares must awkwardly use their necks to manipulate objects and this is a very poor manipulation, consisting of little more than an ability for a female's male partner to spread their eggs on her neck and chest.
- Method of Eating: Unspecified
- Reproductive Rate: Sexual maturity is reached after 2.7 years. Reproduce during the warm summer months.
- Gestation: Unspecified
- Offspring Incubation: Unspecified
- Number of Offspring: Unspecified
- Offspring Survival Rate (before age of maturity): Unspecified
- Singular / Plural: Bellystare / Bellystares